IOGP response to the European Commission’s package on sustainable finance
Call for a “Talanoa Platform” to guarantee a smart, inclusive and technology-neutral taxonomy
Views of the upstream oil and gas industry and recommendations on sustainable finance in the context of the 2018 discussions on the European Commission’s proposal for a Regulation on taxonomy.
- Establish a flexible approach towards defining “green/sustainable projects”
- Create an inclusive debate on “taxonomy”
- Consider cost-effective technical solutions for different countries
- Include the role of innovative technologies like CC(U)S and hydrogen
- Ensure an international level playing field
Why Does it Matter?
The new rules on “taxonomy” should encourage the oil & gas industry to continue its contribution and support to make the necessary investments that facilitate workable energy transitions.