IOGP response to public consultation on legislation to measure and mitigate methane emissions in the energy sector
This document provides IOGP’s answer to the EU public consultation (questionnaire) on the legislation to measure and mitigate methane emissions in the energy sector and an accompanying written submission with additional comments.
This consultation aims to collect views and suggestions from stakeholders and citizens with respect to a policy proposal for a legislative act to further reduce methane emissions in the energy sector planned for 2021.
- Types of instruments
- Identifying models for an EU regulation on methane emissions in the energy sector
- Sectoral, emissions and supply chain coverage and/or scope
- Legislating on leakage detection and repair
- Legislating on venting and flaring
- Mitigation costs and benefits
- Legislating mitigation of emissions from biogas/biomethane
- Legislating mitigation of emissions from coal
- Synergies with other sectors