Carbon Management Webinars
Rud Pedersen Public Affairs and IOGP organised a series of four webinars on Carbon Management – a key range of solutions of which CCS, nature-based solutions, clean hydrogen and others are a part of.
1st Webinar – Nature-based solutions
The first webinar, carried out within the framework of the European Commission’s Sustainable Energy Week, focused on nature-based solutions.
The high-level speakers discussed carbon management solutions in agriculture and forestry, their scalability and relevant EU regulatory framework to discuss their role in removing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Artur Runge-Metzger, Director DG Climate Action;
- Ana Frelih-Larsen, Senior Fellow at Ecologic;
- Jutta Paulus, Member of the European Parliament;
- Mika Aho, Director of Public Affairs and Communications at St1.
2nd Webinar – Economic analysis: Can we afford not to bet big on carbon management?
The second discussion took place between top energy economists and a Member of European Parliament on the role of modelling and thorough economic analysis.
- Laszlo Varro, Chief Economist at the International Energy Agency (IEA);
- Maria Spyraki, Member of the European Parliament;
- William Zimmern, Head of Global Macroeconomics at BP.
The speakers looked into how modelling can help guide the distribution of effort between all sectors so as to optimise cost-efficiency as well as the economic feasibility of the transition to carbon neutrality.
The next two webinars will be held in September, stay tuned!
- Carbon Capture and Storage – what is holding it back?
- What policy tools to manage carbon neutrality?