The transformative power of the Oil & Gas industry in the European Blue Economy
This document gives an overview of the oil and gas industry’s contribution to the European Blue Economy.
Improving our knowledge and understanding of the ocean is key to enabling a responsible and sustainable Blue Economy.
Oil and gas companies undertake a variety of ecological assessments aimed at characterizing and monitoring the environments in which they operate. The industry has tremendous experience in operating in challenging marine environments and actively shares this knowledge.
- Offshore oil and gas operations in Europe
- Supporting an entire value chain in Europe
- Europe remains an important oil and gas producer
- Technologies, infrastructure and operational skills of the oil and gas sector enables the future growth of Carbon Capture Utilisation and Storage (CCUS), hydrogen, and offshore renewable energy
- Contributing to ocean science