Joint letter: CCS and CCU for the EU’s Industrial Transition
Ahead of the publication of the EU’s Industrial Strategy, a group of trade associations including IOGP issued a joint call for the Commission to make Carbon Capture Use & Storage an integral part of this Strategy, in the context of the European Green Deal.
Nearly all ambitious climate scenarios of the IPCC, IEA and European Commission show a key role for CCU and CCS, in particular to achieve emission cuts in ‘hard-to-abate’ sectors.
The signatories call on policymakers to put in place a policy framework which will foster the large-scale deployment of these breakthrough technologies.
Click on the button below to download the full letter.
Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise (NHO)
Chair Working Party Climate
Director International Affairs
Norwegian Oil and Gas Association (NOROG)
Regional Director Europe
- Map of EU CCS Projects
- How CCS Works
- Scaling up Hydrogen in Europe
- Hydrogen for Europe Pre-study – Key findings
- Hydrogen for Europe Proposal for the main study
- Hydrogen for Europe Final report of the pre-study
- Scaling up CCS in Europe
- The potential for CCS and CCU in Europe
- CCS: the Innovation Fund and beyond